Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Challenge #92 - Anything Goes

Hello again to all our crafty friends.  It was such a blessing to have some new faces join us in our challenge this past week, and we warmly welcome you to our challenge blog.  It's such a blessing to have our faithful participants continue to join us, as well as to meet and welcome new friends.  We hope that each of you will continue to share your art and tell others about our challenges.  It's such a joy to see the creations God lays on your hearts to create, and to see how He works through you to bless others with your lovely creations.  We thank you for sharing with us.

We truly wish that every single one of you could win a prize each week.  We cannot adequately express to you how much it means to have you share your talents with us, and even though we can only give out a few prizes each week, you really are ALL winners in our book!  As this week's scripture tells us, God is our strength (support in good times and bad) and is our refuge (a hiding place and our rock in times of trouble).  This verse even tells us that God will be our shadow from the heat; and at this hot time of year, we all know how important shade can be.  What a blessing to know that God can be our shade when it gets hot - and that means physical heat as well as when we're sometimes "in hot water" so to speak.  He's always there for us when times get rough or when we get "heated up".  He is exactly what we need to "cool down" and He will help us find that calm, "cool" place where we need to be.  What a blessing to know that He is there for us when we need Him most.  Next time you get "heated up" over any issue, call on Him and ask Him to be your "shadow from the heat", and He will do just that.  Praise God!

You are welcome to save this week's free scripture/word art file to your computer, but are not required to use it in order to play along in our challenges.   We welcome you share your art with us; remembering that Anything Goes as long as it's family-friendly, and uses an encouraging or uplifting sentiment. You can also link more than one project each week (up to 5 each week). The more you enter, the more you increase your odds of winning. We just  want God's Word to be a blessing and encouragement to you each week. If you have any questions about the rules, be sure to read the complete list of rules under our page tab for "Challenge Rules".  They have been recently revised, and we ask that you check them out if you aren't familiar with our challenge guidelines.  Because our ultimate goal is to honor God, we have no other choice but to delete any entries that do not adhere to these guidelines.

Here is this week's free scripture/word art. We hope you enjoy it!
This week's TWO AWESOME sponsors are:
Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps offers high-quality
acrylic stamps in a wide variety of styles.
One lucky person will get a new stamp set.
AND
Robyn's Fetish DARLING digital stamps
offers images in every style imaginable.
Stop by and check it out - one person will win
their choice of 3 darling images!
 
Here are the winners from last week's sponsors:
The adorable Milk Coffee Stamps is offering
one lucky person 5 images of their choice!
That winner is Entry #78 - Fabiola
AND
The winner of a Frosted Card Making Kit
is Entry #79 - Linda B.
 
Special thanks to ALL our incredible sponsors!
And now...here's a bit of inspiration from our Design Team
 
Nicole Davis, Our August Guest Designer
Lori Ulrich
Carole Robb Bisson
Front View of Card:
Using Sponsor Image, English Teacup
Inside View of Card with Scripture:
Using Sponsor Image, Five Little Froggies,
from Robyn's Fetish
Card #1 - Using Sponsor Images, Ornate Frame
and Sunflower 1 from Robyn's Fetish
Card #2 by Stephanie Using Sponsor Stamp,
Amaryllis Definition by Mark's Finest Papers
No Art This Week

21 comments:

lalkygirl said...

fab dt cards and my fave challenge theme
I cannot find a mr linky so here is my link
http://lalkygirl-my-creative-place.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-180-at-i-promarkers.html
tracey x

D- said...

Your cards are wonderful everyone! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us.
I wanted to add how touched I am each time I read a comment left by one of you on my blog.
I always look forward to the way they brighten my day.
Thank you.
God bless each and every one of you.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Jo Ann said...

Hi Karen...I am not seeing Mr. Linky here. Did he go on leave?...LOL. Just kidding. I am sure many of our friends will be looking for it. Anyway, you can leave your links on the comments for the meantime. God bless!

JO ANN
WAW-DT

Unknown said...

Hi theres no linky x

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Congrats to the winners. Wonderful DT creations. Do not see Linky. I'll ck back later.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Papercrafting Princess said...

Oh what beautiful projects DT!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love this week's scripture - it says it all! Thank you!

Gail said...

Great DT creations -thanks for the scripture - and have a wonderful day!

I do not see Mr. Linky - is he sleeping today? LOL

Love ya!

Jackie C said...

http://getthejclook.blogspot.com/2013/08/red.html

Teresa Arsenault said...

Lovely creations by the DT.
Blessings on your team
Teresa

Teresa Arsenault said...

How do I link up to the challenge?

Natalie said...

Beautiful inspiration, thanks to the DT! Not sure where to link up this week??

DonnaMundinger said...

Beautiful work by the DT and lovely Scripture. xxD

Faye said...

To the Design Team: I love how you have illustrated the scripture for this week. I am always in awe of the incredible talent you all show. I am sorry I cannot leave a comment on some of your personal blogs. Can you leave a list of the DT members with links to their blogs? Some of the names aren't clickable and some have Google +, which many of us do not want to join.

DonnaMundinger said...

Thank you Karen for coming and visiting my Blog to comment on my submission this week. I'm afraid you misread my project description. I referred to a copper skeleton LEAF, not a skeleton, which is an actual leaf that has been treated with bleach (I think) until only the veins and intricate webbing remains, then colored, in this case with a copper metallic. I fully respect and understand your Challenge rules and would never enter anything inappropriate here. xxD

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Hi everyone from fantastic DT, your work is amazing-bravo
thanks for yours comments and visits on my blog
love all
hugs and blessings
Tamara

Christine Harrop said...

I'm new here but I will be back! Great inspiration from the DT. Christine

An'Jenic G. said...

Lots of beautiful creations by the DT. And you created such a beautiful scripture art.

An'Jenic-

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful work DT tfs!!!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Hi Karen and team. Another great challenge with beautiful examples of creativity. Just wanted to say thank you once again for blessing my heart and encouraging me to keep trusting in Lord, even in those heated moments. Those unglued moments when things seem to much to bear, it is in those times that I know that I can hide in the shelter of the Almighty and He will be my support, my strength. Your willingness to share these beautiful words of encouragement and devotion mean so much. Big Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I needed to ask.

Does building a well-established website such as yours require a lot of work?

I'm brand new to running a blog but I do write in my diary
on a daily basis. I'd like to start a blog so I will be
able to share my personal experience and views online.
Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners.
Appreciate it!